Show Account Numbers
Step by Step: Show Account Numbers
1. Open the QuickBooks Online company.
2. Navigate to the gear icon à Account and Settings.
3. On the Account and Settings page, click the Advanced section on the left.
4. Find the Chart of Accounts setting on the right. Click Edit (pencil icon) on the right.
5. Check the box next to Enable account numbers.
6. Click the box next to Show account numbers.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Done.
9. Click the gear icon à Chart of Accounts (under Your Company).
10. If you are prompted, click See your Chart of Accounts.
11. Select the Checking account. Select the drop-down arrow next to View Register for that account and select Edit.
12. Edit the Checking account. In the Number field, enter account number 10100. Save and Close.
13. View the account number now showing in the Chart of Accounts list.
14. Navigate to Reports à Balance Sheet.
15. View the account number for the Checking account appearing on the Balance Sheet.
ROI Accounting, LLC serves St. George locally and the U.S. remotely and provides a full range of QuickBooks support and bookkeeping services. As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call.
Partial example from sample company to the right: