Record a Journal Entry
1. Select Quick Create (+) at the top of the QuickBooks Online window.
2. Other, Journal Entry.
3. Enter a Date.
4. Enter or accept the Journal no.
5. Select an account and enter a debit or credit.
6. Enter a description.
7. On the next row, repeat and select another account and enter a debit or credit amount. Remember double-entry accounting requires at least one debit and one credit.
8. Enter a description.
9. Continue until you are done entering all debits and credits. Of course, Debits must equal credits.
10. Enter a memo for the journal entry.
11. Select Save, Save and new or Save and close.
ROI Accounting, LLC serves St. George locally and the U.S. remotely and provides a full range of QuickBooks support and bookkeeping services. As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call.
Partial example from sample company to the right: