1. Once you send an invoice, the recipient will receive an email with a link to view the invoice directly in the body of the email.
Your customer will see the interactive Online Invoice in the Invoicing Portal which is branded with the company’s name and shows the customer an image of their invoice and the due date and balance due amount per the QuickBooks Online account. Your customer can then use the Print & Save PDF options in the top right to let them archive a copy of the invoice by printing it or saving it as a PDF.
In addition to messages, you can also see when the invoice was sent and when the customer viewed the invoice. When invoices are emailed they get tracked, making it easy for you to know when their invoice has been opened.
2. The recipient can post a message.
3. The company will receive an email notice that the message has been sent and includes the text of the message in the email. Also, the message is posted inside the QBO account in the Activity tab. This two-way messaging allows you and your customer to communicate directly about the invoice and serves as an important archive of your communications.
4. If the customer wants to see the invoice again, they can click the Invoice detail tab. A Pay now button is prominently displayed in both the Invoice detail tab and the Activity tab so the customer can pay right away.
5. Depending on how you set up the preference at the time you sent the invoice, the Invoicing Portal allows your customer to pay the invoice by one of the available payment methods (credit card or ACH/bank transfer).
6. Based on the selection, the customer enters payment information and clicks Send payment. Both full and partial payments are allowed, but your customer cannot pay more than the amount on the invoice.
7. A payment confirmation page reflects to the payer that their payment has been processed successfully. The payer can then Print a receipt if desired. An email with a receipt will be emailed to the payer.
8. Once a customer pays an invoice an email notification is sent to you and QBO is updated.
9. In QBO, the invoice will show a status of paid and the date payment was received.
This process makes it very easy for your customers to pay you and should decrease the time you wait for payments.
ROI Accounting, LLC serves St. George locally and the U.S. remotely and provides a full range of QuickBooks support and bookkeeping services. As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call.
Partial example from sample company to the right: